Profefssional Film Developing & Scanning
Mail-in your film from anywhere in the US! (Free tracked shipping to us!)
Drop off locally using our drop box, available at your convenience.
To learn more about our process, read through the FAQ and check below for details.
Feel free to ask any questions during the ordering process and anytime along the way!
Be sure to complete this step first! Any film received will not be processed until an order is placed.
Shipping your film to the lab is on us! If you're in the Des Moines, Iowa area, drop off in person for quicker processing of your order.
Your scans delivered via online gallery.
If you've chosen to have your negatives returned to you, you can do so by scheduling a pick up. If you purchased return shipping, they will be mailed to you after scans are delivered.
Next Coffee & Cameras Meetup
• Free shipping to the lab in the United States, learn about it here!
• Largest scans on the Fuji Frontier come standard, starting at only $13.95
• Most film formats are covered! Developing and scans are available from 110 to 4x5.
• Our rewards program helps you save money!
• The scanners we use are industry standard and are revered for their beautiful colors, the Fuji Frontier SP3000.
• Pretty quick turnaround and scans delivered to you online with high resolution TIFFs or JPG's with an additional set of files optimized for sharing on social media. Each roll is labeled with your name, film type, and roll number.
How to Order Film Developing & Scans
• Get in touch with any questions you might have! Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page to learn more and see if your question has already been asked.
• Identify the type of film you have and find the appropriate product for each on the order page.
[Roll film is the most common film type. Color and black & white have different product pages to order from.
• Decide on the desired scan type* and any add-ons you'd like include for each roll. A description of each will be on the right of the form or beneath it on the product page.
*The term 'scan' refers to the process of taking a film negative and turning it into a usable digital file. 'Scan type' refers to how the photos will be processed.
If you have multiple rolls to be processed and scanned the same, simply increase your quantity instead of adding a new product for each. If you have rolls with a different scan type or add-ons, add each one separately.
• Once you have all your film accounted for in the shopping cart, go ahead and place your order!
• Mail or drop-off your film to the address included with your order confirmation.
• Once your film is developed and scanned, a link to an online photo gallery will be emailed to you. You can view and download your scans from the gallery for up to 2 weeks, after that files will be removed. Download quickly and create backups!
• You'll also be notified when your negatives are ready for pickup (if chosen) or your negatives will be mailed to you if return shipping is purchased.
DSMFilmLab is a dedicated film processing and scanning lab near downtown Des Moines, Iowa. Formats offered: Disposable cameras, 35mm (Pano & Half frame), 120 (including 6x9), 110, 126, APS -- developing and scanning for both black & white and C41 color. The lab operates a well maintained FujiFilm SP363SC AL for c41 processing roll film and a Jobo ATL-2400 for B&W roll film and sheet film. Your color rolls will scanned on one of our Fuji Frontier SP3000's or SP2000.
To get started, all you need to do is become a member of the site and login before placing each order! Membership comes with no fees or obligations. Once you place your first order, you'll start earning points toward a $15 credit for use on a future order. To give you an idea of how the points work: order standard develop & scans for approximately 9 rolls and getting the 10th free (any develop or scan service ordered will count in the program, spending more will get you to the discount sooner). Click the bag with a heart icon in the lower left corner to for more details!
Free Shipping to the Lab
If you're unable to drive to the lab to drop off your film, you're welcome to use a pre-paid First-Class Priority Mail shipping label to send in your film within the Continental US- tracking is included. You can obtain a label one of two ways, generate your own using a URL and print, or order 3 free labels with 3 padded mailers for $14.95 shipping included. If you are able to drop off in person, we encourage that as your order will be processed much quicker. Step by step directions on how to package your film for shipping to us.